By Jörg Rüpke
Read or Download Antike Epik: Eine Einführung von Homer bis in die Spätantike (Nova Classica 1) (German Edition) PDF
Best literary medieval criticism books
The Blackwell spouse to Greek Tragedy presents readers with a primary grounding in Greek tragedy, and likewise introduces them to a few of the methodologies and the full of life severe discussion that signify the learn of Greek tragedy this day. contains 31 unique essays through a world forged of members, together with up-and-coming in addition to exclusive senior students will pay recognition to socio-political, textual, and function points of Greek tragedy All old Greek is transliterated and translated, and technical phrases are defined as they seem contains feedback for additional interpreting on the finish of every bankruptcy, and a beneficiant and informative mixed bibliography
Within the first prolonged research of the significance of dramatic farce in Rabelais stories, Bruce Hayes makes an enormous contribution to the certainty of the theater of farce and its literary probabilities. by way of tracing the improvement of farce in past due medieval and Renaissance comedic theater compared to the evolution of farce in Rabelais's paintings, Hayes distinguishes Rabelais's use of the equipment from conventional farce.
This broad survey of scribal correction in English manuscripts explores what correcting unearths approximately attitudes to books, language and literature in overdue medieval England. Daniel Wakelin surveys quite a number manuscripts and genres, yet focuses specially on poems by means of Chaucer, Hoccleve and Lydgate, and on prose works resembling chronicles, non secular guide and functional lore.
This textbook offers an creation to German Arthurian poetry within the excessive and past due center a while. the main target is on romances in rhyming couplets produced among 1180 and 1300. furthermore, the looks of the determine of Arthur and different contributors of the around desk is traced in different Germanophone genres and contexts.
- Middle Egyptian Literature: Eight Literary Works of the Middle Kingdom
- The Manuscript Tradition of Propertius (Heritage)
- The Gentle, Jealous God: Reading Euripides' Bacchae in English (Bloomsbury Studies in Classical Reception)
- Nearer the Heart's Desire: Poets of the Rubaiyat: A Dual Biography of Omar Khayyam and Edward FitzGerald
- The Literature of the Ancient Egyptians: Poems, Narratives, and Manuals of Instruction from the Third and Second Millenia B.C. (Routledge Revivals)
- A Psychoanalytic Exploration of Dante's The Divine Comedy
Extra resources for Antike Epik: Eine Einführung von Homer bis in die Spätantike (Nova Classica 1) (German Edition)