By Mary Eagleton
- Introduces readers to the extensive scope of feminist thought over the last 35 years.
- Guides scholars alongside the innovative of present feminist theory.
- Suitable for college students and students of all fields touched via feminist thought.
- Covers an extremely huge variety of disciplines, discourses and feminist positions.
- Organised round innovations instead of faculties of feminism.
Read or Download A Concise Companion to Feminist Theory (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
During this quantity, Graham investigates the relation among land and nationalism in South African and Zimbabwean fiction from the Sixties to the current. This comparative examine, the 1st of its sort, discusses quite a lot of writing opposed to a backdrop of neighborhood decolonization, together with novels via the prize-winning authors J.
The connection among Islam andthe West is without doubt one of the such a lot pressing and hotly debated problems with our time. Thisbook is the 1st to provide a complete evaluate of ways during which Muslimsare represented inside of glossy English writing, starting from the radical, throughmemoir and go back and forth writing to journalism.
Fiction of the recent Statesman is the 1st research of the quick tales released within the well known British magazine theNew Statesman. This ebook argues that New Statesman fiction advances a powerful realist preoccupation with usual, lifestyle, and indicates how British household matters have a powerful carry at the working-class and lower-middle-class innovative output of this era.
Expatriation, the feel of being "outside" or uncovered, is a principal topic within the existence and paintings of Paul Bowles. starting with Bowles' account of a daunting youth reminiscence, a global open air explores how the dichotomies of in and out, security and hazard, enclosure and exposure—fundamental dualities in Bowles' fiction—have their private foundation within the cloth of Bowles' personal existence and likewise mark his kinship with different twentieth-century writers.
- Queer Social Philosophy: Critical Readings from Kant to Adorno
- Memorial Boxes and Guarded Interiors: Edith Wharton and Material Culture (Amer Lit Realism & Naturalism)
- Dead Letters to the New World: Melville, Emerson, and American Transcendentalism (Literary Criticism and Cultural Theory)
- Situated Testimonies: Dread and Enchantment in an Indonesian Literary Archive
Extra info for A Concise Companion to Feminist Theory (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture)