By Emma Buckley,Martin Dinter
- The first booklet of its style to regard this period, which has received in attractiveness in contemporary years
- Makes a lot very important study on hand in English for the 1st time
- Features a stability of latest learn with proven severe lines
- Offers an strange breadth and diversity of fabric, together with vast remedies of politics, management, the imperial court docket, paintings, archaeology, literature and reception studies
- Includes a mixture of validated students and groundbreaking new voices
- Includes unique maps and illustrations
Read Online or Download A Companion to the Neronian Age (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar literary medieval criticism books
The Blackwell significant other to Greek Tragedy offers readers with a primary grounding in Greek tragedy, and likewise introduces them to some of the methodologies and the full of life serious discussion that represent the examine of Greek tragedy at the present time. contains 31 unique essays via a global solid of members, together with up-and-coming in addition to extraordinary senior students can pay consciousness to socio-political, textual, and function elements of Greek tragedy All historic Greek is transliterated and translated, and technical phrases are defined as they seem contains feedback for additional studying on the finish of every bankruptcy, and a beneficiant and informative mixed bibliography
Within the first prolonged research of the significance of dramatic farce in Rabelais stories, Bruce Hayes makes an incredible contribution to the certainty of the theater of farce and its literary probabilities. by way of tracing the advance of farce in overdue medieval and Renaissance comedic theater compared to the evolution of farce in Rabelais's paintings, Hayes distinguishes Rabelais's use of the machine from conventional farce.
This huge survey of scribal correction in English manuscripts explores what correcting finds approximately attitudes to books, language and literature in overdue medieval England. Daniel Wakelin surveys a number of manuscripts and genres, yet focuses in particular on poems by way of Chaucer, Hoccleve and Lydgate, and on prose works resembling chronicles, non secular guide and functional lore.
This textbook presents an advent to German Arthurian poetry within the excessive and overdue heart a while. the focus is on romances in rhyming couplets produced among 1180 and 1300. moreover, the looks of the determine of Arthur and different individuals of the around desk is traced in different Germanophone genres and contexts.
- Jacques Roubaud: Prose de la mémoire et errance chevaleresque (Interférences) (French Edition)
- Freud's Rome: Psychoanalysis and Latin Poetry (Roman Literature and its Contexts)
- The Shadow of Creusa: Negotiating Fictionality in Late Antique Latin Literature (Beiträge zur Altertumskunde)
- Reading Skin in Medieval Literature and Culture (The New Middle Ages)
- From Plato to Lancelot: A Preface to Chretien De Troyes (Medieval Studies)
- Poétique du dialogue médiéval (Interférences) (French Edition)
Additional info for A Companion to the Neronian Age (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)