By Mitchell B. Lerner
- Explores the legacy of Johnson and the historic value of his years as president
- Covers the total variety of issues, from the social and civil rights reforms of the nice Society to the elevated American involvement in Vietnam
- Incorporates the dramatic new facts that has come to mild during the free up of round 8,000 mobilephone conversations and conferences that Johnson secretly recorded as President
Read Online or Download A Companion to Lyndon B. Johnson (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Similar government books
First released in 1992. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
The alternatives positioned earlier than us this yr by means of the 2 significant events make George Bush appear like George Washington by way of comparability - in particular in regards to the structure. it's because of my robust trust within the structure that i'm urging american citizens this 12 months to not vote for both major-party candidate - simply because neither Barack Obama nor John McCain comprehend, delight in and revere the constitution that serves because the very foundation for our distinctive kind of govt.
The final elections held in 2014 in India — the most important democracy on this planet — to select the sixteenth Lok Sabha introduced in dramatic effects. this crucial quantity explains not just the startling victory of the Bharatiya Janata get together (BJP) but in addition the both stunning downfall of the Congress get together.
This booklet experiences an important occasion in US kin with Latin the United States, laying off gentle at the function of based states and their overseas coverage service provider within the procedure wherein neighborhood matters turn into intertwined with the dominant state’s international coverage. Plan Colombia was once a large-scale overseas relief programme by which the united states intervened within the inner affairs of Colombia, by means of invitation.
- Recalibrating U.S. Strategy toward Russia: A New Time for Choosing (CSIS Reports)
- Comparative Public Policy and Citizen Participation: Energy, Education, Health and Urban Issues in the U.S. and Germany (Pergamon Policy Studies on)
- Military Soft Power: Public Diplomacy through Military Educational Exchanges
- Underground Front - The Chinese Communist Party in Hong Kong
Extra resources for A Companion to Lyndon B. Johnson (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)