By Justina Gregory
- Comprises 31 unique essays via a world forged of participants, together with up-and-coming in addition to distinct senior scholars
- Pays realization to socio-political, textual, and function features of Greek tragedy
- All historic Greek is transliterated and translated, and technical phrases are defined as they appear
- Includes feedback for extra interpreting on the finish of every bankruptcy, and a beneficiant and informative mixed bibliography
Read Online or Download A Companion to Greek Tragedy (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Best literary medieval criticism books
The Blackwell better half to Greek Tragedy presents readers with a basic grounding in Greek tragedy, and likewise introduces them to some of the methodologies and the energetic serious discussion that symbolize the examine of Greek tragedy this day. includes 31 unique essays via a global forged of individuals, together with up-and-coming in addition to uncommon senior students can pay cognizance to socio-political, textual, and function features of Greek tragedy All old Greek is transliterated and translated, and technical phrases are defined as they seem contains feedback for additional studying on the finish of every bankruptcy, and a beneficiant and informative mixed bibliography
Within the first prolonged research of the significance of dramatic farce in Rabelais reports, Bruce Hayes makes an immense contribution to the certainty of the theater of farce and its literary chances. by way of tracing the improvement of farce in past due medieval and Renaissance comedic theater compared to the evolution of farce in Rabelais's paintings, Hayes distinguishes Rabelais's use of the equipment from conventional farce.
This large survey of scribal correction in English manuscripts explores what correcting unearths approximately attitudes to books, language and literature in overdue medieval England. Daniel Wakelin surveys various manuscripts and genres, yet focuses particularly on poems by way of Chaucer, Hoccleve and Lydgate, and on prose works reminiscent of chronicles, spiritual guide and useful lore.
This textbook offers an creation to German Arthurian poetry within the excessive and overdue center a while. the focus is on romances in rhyming couplets produced among 1180 and 1300. furthermore, the looks of the determine of Arthur and different individuals of the around desk is traced in different Germanophone genres and contexts.
- A Companion to Catullus (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
- Lectio Divina: The Medieval Experience of Reading (Cistercian Studies)
- Chaucer and Boccaccio: Antiquity and Modernity
- Amoral Gower: Language, Sex, and Politics: Language, Sex and Politics (Medieval Cultures)
Additional info for A Companion to Greek Tragedy (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)